SEO 101: What you Really Need to Know
Building a strong site architecture and providing clear navigation will help search engines index your site quickly and easily. This will also, more importantly, provide visitors with a good experience of using your site and encourage repeat visits. It’s worth considering that Google is increasingly paying attention to user experience.
- Define your keystone message
- Tune up your website (see below)
- Use an SEO Plugin to configure your pages for SEO
- Track with Google Analytics and setup regular report reviews
- Rinse & Repeat
In general, SEO can be broken into 2 main paths – Website Refinement (also known as On-Page SEO) and Blogging. While blogging isn’t a true SEO requirement, it is considered a crucial strategy for overall SEO results.
Website Refinement Tips:
- Create unique, accurate page titles
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Offer quality content and services
- Optimize your use of images
- Use heading tags appropriately
- Ensure your website is mobile responsive
- Promote your website
- Choose a Focus Keyword/Phrase:
- Write a Good Post Title
- Make use of Categories & Tags
- Add a Call to Action that leads people to other pages on your website
- Blog regularly
Need a little help? Our Maintenance Packages cover SEO work – we can handle your basic SEO needs!