Keep Your Business Info Up-To-Date
If you haven’t claimed and verified your business, get started with this link.
Update your business information
When information about your business changes, update it with Google My Business. Keeping your account up-to-date makes sure that Google has the most accurate information to share with potential customers. In some cases, Google may not accept changes if they believe they’re inaccurate.
Here are the types of business information that you can update with Google My Business:
- Business hours
- Physical address (If you change your address, you’ll need to complete the verification process again to confirm the new address.)
- Phone number
- Category (What kind of business do you run?)
You can also add new businesses to Google My Business.
Add owners and managers to share responsibility
By adding owners and managers to your Google My Business listing, you can delegate responsibility to other members of your staff while keeping ownership of the page.
There are 3 kinds of users:
- Owners: listing owners have the widest set of privileges and access, and can make high-level administrative decisions like adding other owners and managers or removing the listing from their account.
- Manager: a manager can do most of what an owner can do, like edit business information, manage Hangouts (which let you hold video calls with customers), and view Insights about how many people are viewing and interacting with your listing. You might make a trusted staff member a manager of your listing to help keep your information and web presence up-to-date.
- Site manager: a site manager can interact with customers on behalf of your listing by posting pictures and responding to reviews. Friendly, tech-savvy members of your staff might make good site managers.
A site manager sign-up link can be found in the Business Profile of claimed chain locations on Maps and Search. New users who sign up for Google My Business, as well as existing users who try to access claimed chain listings, can verify as a site manager. The sign-up link makes it easier for franchise owners and store managers to manage listings for locations they own or operate.
Site managers will be verified by Google to make sure their profile data is accurate. Owners can still manage user access through their Google My Business accounts.
When signed in to Google My Business, a site manager can request to upgrade to listing manager or owner of a verified listing. The listing owner can approve or deny the request.
You can remove owners and managers at any time. Learn more about owners and managers