Whitelist Settings for Office365 #
Office 365 offers email account protection through automatic filters designed to redirect suspected spam away from the Inbox. While this security measure is typically beneficial, it can pose certain challenges.
To address this issue, establishing a whitelist informs the program about domains that should always be allowed, ensuring legitimate emails are not inadvertently filtered. To add domains to the whitelist, follow these steps while logged in as an Office 365 Administrator:
- Navigate to the top of the screen, locate and click the “Admin” drop-down box, then select “Exchange,” followed by clicking on the “Mail Flow” heading.
- Click the plus sign icon and choose “Bypass spam filtering” from the menu.
- In the appropriate text box, provide a name for the rule, such as “Whitelist.”
- From the “Apply this rule if” drop-down box, select “The sender’s domain is…”
- Enter the desired domains in the following format:
These steps will help ensure that essential emails from the specified domains are consistently allowed through Office 365’s spam filters.